Community HealthNet Inc is a FQHC primary care clinic that now provides medical care and behavioral health services for individuals diagnosed with HIV in Northwest Indiana. In 2018 Community HealthNet Inc received funding to support “early intervention services,” comprehensive primary care, treatment, and support services for people with HIV who are uninsured or underinsured. Our goal is to provide an integrated healthcare approach to HIV care and ensure the HIV care is accessible to individuals regardless of income or ability to pay.
HIV can be contracted by anyone and is not specific to sexuality, race, ethnicity, age, or gender.
What is HIV/AIDS?
Human immunodeficiency virus or HIV is a virus that attacks the body’s immune system. Without treatment and healthcare maintenance, HIV can lead to acquire immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS. There is currently no effective cure. Once people get HIV, they have it for life. But with proper medical care, HIV can be controlled. People with HIV who get effective HIV treatment can live long, healthy lives and protect their partners.
How do you know if you have HIV?
Many people do not know they have HIV. The only way to know for sure whether you have HIV is to get tested. Knowing your HIV status helps you make healthy decisions to prevent getting or transmitting HIV.
- Confidential HIV counseling and testing
- Treatment of HIV infection
- HIV Care Pharmacist on the HIV patient care team involved in managing HIV infected patients
- Prevention of HIV infection
- PrEP: Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
- HIV education
- Patient assessment and Laboratory Testing
- Initiation and Maintaining HIV medications (Antiretroviral Therapy-ART)
- Comprehensive medical diagnostic testing services
- Monitoring and management of health issues associated with HIV/AIDS
- Medical Case Management
- Referrals in affiliations with other agencies and organizations that provide HIV/AIDS-related services, support, and care
- Behavior health/psychological services for patients, family members, caregivers, and love ones
Quality Treatment Matters
Your treatment team at Community HealthNet Health Centers are HIV specialist trained to provide excellent patient-centered HIV care. Community HealthNet services are provided in a confidential and supportive environment focused on overall health and well-being for all of our patients. Our Medical team’s approach to HIV care benefits those with HIV resulting in reduced viral loads and healthier individuals. Statistically, at Community HealthNet, the Viral Load suppression rate (the amount of HIV virus in the body) is 92% for patients with HIV.